...Specialize your Stay
Custom and Ongoing Offers
Inquire about our unique package/retreats. We offer individual packages suited to your needs which could range from guided art hikes, rock wall exploration, art making, cooking classes, sushi making workshops and more! Terrence and Courtney will help you create an experience in Grates Cove you will never forget.
Grates Cove Studios can also be booked for small events, and we will work with you to organize your intimate wedding, small conference and family reunions. The original stage has a complete sound system, making it a perfect location for intimate concerts.
Winter/Spring | Weekend Package
Valid until May 2018
- Two nights Accommodation
- Two breakfasts
- Two-four course meals
- Complementary Seaweed Bath, Seaweed Lotion and Bayou Bay Cajun Spice
- Add Workshop - Cooking $99, Woodblock $199 for two participants
- Following breakfast at your accommodations you’ll gather at Grates Cove Studios at 9:45 before setting out for a few hours to explore historic Grates Cove with Terrence. You will come to know this outport community, its historical significance and learn of events such as The Molly Shipwreck, John Cabot in Grates Cove and historic rock wall gardens that line the community. Forage and explore the amazing plant life surrounding Grates Cove while sketching images for use during the second half of the workshop. Refreshed and enlivened you will return to the Studios to transform your images into a finished wood block print.
- From Noon to 12:45 enjoy a delicious lunch inspired and including locally harvested ingredients at Grates Cove Studios Open Studio Restaurant.
- From 1:00 to 5:00 Terrence will guide you through the detailed process of transferring your image to wood. When this process is completed, you’ll run a small final edition of your print! This will be a single-color print on a high-grade mulberry rice paper with materials enough to make five prints.
- Following Breakfast at your accommodations, gather together at Grates Cove Open Studio Restaurant while Courtney shares the stories of the locally harvested items that will comprise your meal. Once the boulettes are formed, bread pudding is soaking and gumbo is simmering you’ll return to your accommodations where a roaring fire awaits you. Sit and read, chat or simply watch the wonders of the North Atlantic in Winter while sipping on a Partridgeberry Tea or home brewed Ginger Ale. Upon returning to Grates Cove Studios Open Studio Restaurant you will finish your dishes, set the table and enjoy the deliciousness you have prepared.
Snow Crab Étouffée
Ms. Wilma’s Bread Pudding
Booking and Availability
We would love to hear from you!
Workshops are also available separately!
Cooking Class $99/per person
Woodblock Printing Workshop $199/per person
* All workshops include a four course lunch and run approximately six hours. Group rates available
Learn how to cook in the Creole or Cajun style with your host Courtney Howell. If Sushi is your calling, Terrence Howell will teach you how to prepare and make excellent looking (and tasting!) Sushi with fresh, local ingredients.
We will work with you ahead of time to create a menu that can include Sushi, Creole and Cajun, more traditional dishes, or a combination of everything. Our restaurant has a space for meetings and presentations, as well as a sound system and projectors. In between functions everyone can enjoy beautiful Grates Cove and everything it has to offer!
Custom Menu with your Stay
After a long day exploring, come over and enjoy a custom dish that you asked for! Work with Courtney and Terrence beforehand to create a delicious assortment from their menu for your entire stay.
*Season Dependent, get in touch to know exactly what's possible!
Looking for that great next adventure? With icebergs, whales, dolphins, seabirds, five hundred years of history and more amazing nature walks than you can shake your walking stick at, look no further than Grates Cove. We can provide guided tours of our lovely little area or whatever else we can do to make your stay unforgettable.
Seaweed Baths with your Stay
We are excited to be offering Saltwater Seaweed Baths! Relax like never before and let your stress melt away in the warm embrace of the sea. More info coming soon, but don't hesitate to contact us now to find out more!